Vision and Mission
Vision, Mission, PO and PEO
To establish an outstanding centre of regional and national reputation for providing a quality engineering education to the students from the rural area of Punjab, excellent research and services to the professional and the community; to produce quality civil engineers; and to employ principles of continual quality improvement to enhance its programme and faculty.
a. To serve the people of Punjab and the country by providing a broad and high quality education to its student for a successful professional career.
b. To conduct strong basic and applied research for national needs.
c. To serve the construction industry; civil engineering profession and rural community through dissemination of knowledge and technical services.
1. To train the students so that they can work and contribute to the infrastructure development projects being undertaken by Govt. and private or any other sector companies.
2. To train students in such as a way that they can pursue higher studies so that they can contribute to the teaching profession/ research and development of civil engineering and other allied fields
3. To train students in a manner that they should function effectively in the multicultural and multidisciplinary groups for the sustainable development and growth of civil engineering projects and profession.
1. Graduates shall demonstrate sound knowledge in analysis, design, laboratory investigations and construction aspects of civil engineering infrastructure, along with good foundation in mathematics, basic sciences and technical communication.
2. Graduates will have a broad understanding of economical, environmental, societal, health and safety factors involved in infrastructural development with respect to the rural areas, and shall demonstrate ability to function within multidisciplinary teams with competence in modern tool usage.
3. Graduates will be motivated for continuous self-learning in engineering practice and/or pursue research in advanced areas of civil engineering in order to offer engineering services to the society, ethically and responsibly with a special emphasis on rural areas.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Process of defining Vision, Mission ,PO and PEO